Thursday, October 21, 2010

i can hit you with real millionaire shit

I am terrible at updating. Apologies all around.

It is currently 1:17am, and I got home from school approximately 15 minutes go. Why so late, you ask? VJIL.

It's not as bad as it seems. I just had two articles to format and one of them was an 86-page monster, with a ridiculous table of contents. I had to create a new template for all the subdivisions. It was intense.

This activity would normally be a lot worse, except that we got a SWEET new computer for the office today. 27" screen, 1TB harddrive, 8GB RAM, Blu-Ray player, Bose speakers, the works. God bless Tim for being so amenable to spending VJIL's money. So instead of squinting to format on my little laptop screen, I got to kick back (not really) and work on a fabulous, giant HD screen. And listen to the Kanye station on Pandora, which is pretty bad-ass, because it plays a ton of Biggie. I miss him. R.I.P. B.I.G.

I wish I had more downtime this week, because my apartment could use a serious cleaning. It's disgusting. So much clutter and junk and hair and dirty dishes. It wouldn't hurt to do another cleanse of my wardrobe and put stuff I will never wear again into the Goodwill pile. I also need groceries. See? So much to do, but no time. Thanks, Negotiation Institute.

My hair needs to hurry up and grow out faster. I want to get my transition cut, but it's not long enough yet and it's killing me. Like cancer. That's how much my hair is annoying me.

Last night I tried on some of my "fancy" dresses because I was bored and didn't want to do my reading. I have two nice dresses, but I only have one more dress-up law school event (because the PILA Auction suuuuucks). I'm torn. One is satiny, emerald green, one-shoulder, knee-length. It's really pretty, but I have two issues: 1) I hate strapless bras, but I probably shouldn't go braless (February is really cold), so I don't know what to do about that, and 2) it's a solid color, and not forgiving like black, so I'm going to have to do a lot more ab/hip/thigh exercises (plus some arm stuff wouldn't hurt) or get Spanx, and those are expensive and painful. The other is a purplish floralish print, indeterminate fabric, with that tiered look (not like a band dress or those dresses that look like fish scales--somewhere in between), with cap sleeves and a sweetheart neckline. It's very pretty, and it makes my boobs look really good (I could even go braless!), but I don't know if it's fancy enough for Barrister's. I guess I'll have to do a fashion show and have my friends (or my date????) help me pick.

I also need to find a Halloween costume. I want to go as Lucille from AD since I've got my minks, but I don't know where I'll find an old lady dress that zips up the back. Perhaps one of the numerous thrift stores? I shall shop around and see.

I've been craving grand jura cheese from the Borough Market and La Duree's macaroons all day. Basically the whole time since I got back from England. It's killing me (softly). Would someone get a girl a goddamn macaroon?

No comments: