Friday, July 23, 2010

tgif bitches

I dreamed last night that I didn't get my application for the Kyudai LLM program in on time. It was very upsetting, since it felt very real. I also lived in some kind of crypt in a foreign city (Paris?) that was not fully covered from the elements. And I think elements of Jaws worked their way into the dream too, which I can't explain.

Then I woke up this morning thinking it was Saturday. Why did I think this? Because it was light outside when I woke up, and it's usually dark-ish, since I get up around 6:30 during the week. But then I realized it was not in fact Saturday, and rolled over to check the time. 8:00. Wtg, ass.

The problem was this: I like to play sudoku on my phone. However, when I play sudoku, it doesn't let my phone go to sleep. So if, for example, I'm lying in bed playing sudoku and fall asleep, the phone stays on and the battery eventually dies. The problem part comes in because my phone is also one of my alarms. I have a regular alarm, but my phone alarm tends to wake me up rather than incorporate itself into my dreams.

So last night, I fell asleep playing sudoku and my phone died. I must have also turned my other alarm off while trying to hit snooze. Thus the 8:00 wake-up. Didn't get to exercise or shower. Not a good way to start the day.

I got to work and my supervisor popped his head in to do the "how are you?" thing, to which I replied "Unphghaf," and explained my grumpies. He came back a few minutes later to say, "I have an answer for you. Starbucks." So we went to SB and all was right with the world.

My supervisor also bought some ice cream so the office could do a taste test between Ben & Jerry's Americone Dream and Haagen Daz's Caramel Cone. Having now tasted both, I can say that Caramel Cone is the superior ice cream. The caramel ice cream is nice and the chocolate-covered waffle cone pieces are crunchier. The caramel is equally delicious in both. Too bad Caramel Cone doesn't have a sweet celebrity endorsement deal with Stephen Colbert.

After a relatively slow day at work, I came back home and lounged by the pool for an hour or so. So nice. It wasn't as balls-hot as it was earlier in the day, and when I got too hot, I could just jump in the pool to cool off. Of course the pool water was about as warm as a bathtub, but it helped.

Now I'm chillin'. I'm going fishing tomorrow for the first time this summer (and for the first time in a few years), so I'm super excited. I hope I catch something! I don't even care if we keep it, I just want to catch a fish.

No comments: