Thursday, May 22, 2008

kakigoooooooori

There are some days when I really like my students. Today, fortunately, was one of those days. I went to Kinomoto JH and FINALLY had classes with the 3rd years, who are probably my favorite kids in all of Kumano. They're good in class, and the girls all talk to me outside of class and whenever I see them in town. I love them. And I wore my silver shoes today, so they were all "KAWAIIIIIIII". Nice.

Another awesome happening at Kinomoto: I was talking to the nurse about the office, and she and one of my JTEs were saying out the "atmosphere is bad" there, and then basically blamed it all on that crazy bitch Miyahara. A-FUCKING-MEN. She was like, "Miyahara is what foreigners imagine all Japanese to be", and by this she means humorless drones. Which Miyahara totally is. YES.

I went back to the office after lunch and paid my rent. Fun. Then I finally asked my supervisor about leaving early, and he was totally cool with it! HOORAY! I told him either July 22 or 23 are fine with me. So now, I only have 2 months until I am out of Japan! I am so happy. I mean, I'll miss Japan, but I'm so ready to be home. But after hearing how Michelle is being routed through fucking Toronto, maybe I should specify that I would prefer my transfers occur in the US.

After work, the Kumano girls went out for the first kakigori of the season. For those without mad Nihongo skillz, kakigori is flavored shaved ice, AKA the best part about hot weather. There's a little stand on shopping street that makes the best kakigori in town (sorry, Rozen), and they have great flavors and the lady always puts tons of syrup on. Today, I had hibiscus, and I don't really know what that's supposed to taste like, but the product was delicious. I can't wait to have more.

Tomorrow, we are going on a little field trip with Kinomoto KG. I hope they are on their best behavior, because we'll be with them for about 4 hours. We're walking to Hana no Iwaya, this shrine by the beach, which will take about 30 minutes. And then we'll see that and then have lunch and play on the beach for a while. Sounds like it could be pretty fun. Too bad it will probably be hot as balls again. I will load up on the sunscreen. Perhaps I will wear a hat. My Jesus hat would work nicely.

1 comment:

Alexandra said...

You crack me up Kara!