Sunday, May 18, 2008

atashika

Today was nice. Productive in that I got out of the house, but the only cleaning that got done was a load of laundry. Oh well.

Lauren called me when I was still in bed, wanting to know if I wanted to come over for pancakes. I grumbled a "no" and went back to sleep for a while. I eventually got up, showered, and chilled for a while, and then she texted me about going to the beach. Not for swimming, just for hanging out. So we did.

It had been nice and sunny up until that point, but as soon as we left to go to Atashika, it started clouding up. But we still went and sat on the beach and watched the waves for a while. We left after it got too chilly to stay.

We got back into town and tried to go to a yakiniku restaurant, but it wasn't open yet, so we went to Tsutaya. While we were there, this guy from Lauren's church came over and was talking to us, but he was practically whispering, so that was difficult. Plus, he was talking about being a Christian, a topic I couldn't give two shits about. Ugh. That unfortunate conversation lasted way too long.

After that adventure, we went across the street to Jusco and got ice cream and sat around waiting for a yakiniku place to open up. One finally did (yes, we were waiting on multiple yakiniku restaurants), and we had our delicious meat dinner. So good.

To close out the evening, we went back to Lauren's and watched The Usual Suspects, which she had rented from iTunes, since it was the 99cent movie this week. I'd never seen it before. It was pretty good. I do love Gabriel Byrne.

Now I'm sitting here trying to figure out what my teacher wants me to do for tomorrow's lesson. The 1nens are doing "What's this?" and she said something about me bringing something to share with the class? I don't know. I don't really have anything that I want to take to school and show those kids. Maybe I'll take my DS. Or my camera. Or my iPod. There's an idea.

No comments: