Saturday, May 17, 2008

swing city

I was mildly productive today. I did two loads of laundry and packed up two more boxes of cold-weather clothes to send home. I've also gotten quite a lot accomplished in my little city in Sim City, so that's good too.

My future landlord emailed me the lease agreement for my new apartment. It seems fairly straightforward and reasonable. I read through it today, but I'm going to read through it again tomorrow before I sign it and send it back to her.

I think there are some angry cats in the neighborhood, because I heard the most awful sound a few hours ago, and it could only be some kind of angry animal. I assume cats, but I guess it could be tanukis. Or monkeys. I hope not monkeys.

I finished watching season two of Bones, so now I have to watch the third season and I'll be all caught up. Yay! Man, do I love David Boreanaz. Damn.

Last night, the Kumano girls went out to Shingu for curry and some light shopping. I finally had their sag cheese, and it was so good. I think it's my favorite. It looked different from the sag panir I've had before, but it tasted great, so I don't care. I will miss that place so much, but I did some research, and there are a few Indian places in Charlottesville. As long as they have nan (and allow for my low spicy tolerance), then I'm cool.

We also went to Uniqlo, and I didn't mean to buy anything, but I did. I got two pretty awesome t-shirts. One has this weird picture that kind of freaks me out, but I like it. Maybe I'll take a picture of it later and post it. The other is from some Rumiko Takahashi manga, which itself isn't that awesome, but the picture is of a tiger wearing a cape and wrestling shorts fighting a girl, featuring the caption "Tiger Fight". It was too much for me to resist.

I don't know what tomorrow has in store. I don't see myself getting up in time to go to the post office and send my boxes off. Maybe I'll clean. My apartment could certainly use it.

No comments: