Monday, April 14, 2008

school, finally

Today was my first day of school in almost a month. I felt a little rusty, to be quite honest, but it was a good day overall. I went to Isato, which, all things considered, is probably my favorite school. The kids are nice and not terrible at English, and now there are finally a decent number of students in each class--8 1st years, 9 2nd years, and 8 3rd years!

I cleaned for about 6 straight hours yesterday, and I kind of feel like I didn't make a dent. That's not really true, I did, but my apartment is still messy. I did lots of dishes and I scrubbed the weird blue stuff out of the shower and sink (I think it's something in the water), but I didn't touch my bedroom. That's probably why it doesn't seem like I accomplished anything.

After my hours and hours of cleaning, I watched Clueless. What a great movie, really. Paul Rudd has always been so cute. And then I watched Step Up, which is also wonderful. Channing Tatum can't really act, but damn. I don't care. He doesn't ruin the whole movie with his presence like some people. *coughhaydenchristensencough*

Are the people downstairs having an argument? I can't really tell. Somebody's yelling, though. Maybe it's the TV. I would yell if I was watching the shit that passes for Japanese TV too.

That's all I can think to write at the moment. I'm tired. And I really need to go to bed earlier tonight, since we're teaching kindergarten tomorrow. Yay! I'm so excited to see the new kids.


1 comment:

Michelle said...

I understand your cleaning woes. I just stand in my apartment and look around in disgust.