Saturday, April 12, 2008

ise

Today was the April Stitch-n-Bitch, and it was in Ise this month, so I drove up with Lauren, Catherine, and Jamie. We drove about 3 hours to Taki and then met up with Megan and trained it the rest of the way. I think there were 12? 14? people there. We rented out a little restaurant owned by the relatives of this Japanese girl who some of the ALTs are friends with. It was really cute. I had this DELICIOUS beef stew, because I was hungry for more than a drink and cakes. Those were good too, but the beef stew was especially wonderful.

I also knitted a bit. I've been working on this black scarf since the November SnB, and I really only work on it at those events. Despite that, it's pretty long, and looks fairly even and normal. No dropped stitches or anything! Too bad the weather is finally warming up, so I'll have to wait until the end of the year to wear it, provided I finish it, of course.

Next month's SnB will be in Kumano. How exciting! I'm expecting a turnout of maybe 6 people, since nobody ever wants to come all the way down here. I don't really blame them; it's a long way to drive, and it's a long way and a big expense to train. But we go up north, so they should do us a favor once in a while! This is giving me a reason to clean my apartment, in case anyone needs a place to stay, as it is horrifying.

We got home around 7-something. Not too late. When I got home, I downloaded the new episode of 30 Rock, and damn, I have missed that show. I love Tina Fey so much. It was a great episode; I'm so glad they didn't get rusty during the break.

I also downloaded the new chapter of Naruto. Things have been getting very interesting lately after a long string of emo and lameness. And I believe some of my predictions are coming to fruition. Go me. For being a nerd.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

You know, as much as I love 30 Rock, the new episode just kind of fizzled for me. Now, The Office was AWESOME.