Tuesday, March 4, 2008

pity, party of 1

I didn't get into Berkeley. My first rejection, and it was a big one. At least they sent the letter to my house in America and not to where I actually live.

Oddly enough, I'm not too broken up about it. I think the fact that I already got into Virginia, which was my other top choice, played a big part in my response. I mean, sure it would be nice to live in California and go to a school that doesn't use grades, but I can always try to get a job out there after I have my degree from another awesome school.

I'm still waiting to hear from Columbia, since that's the only school I haven't heard from yet that I would consider going to. I don't want to go to Duke and Harvard is too cut-throat (and Boston is too cold). But most likely, I will go to Virginia. Woo-hoo!

The conference has been good. CLAIR got better speakers for this one than any other JET conference I've been to, I think. Even the guy who talked about something that had nothing to do with us was at least interesting.

Also, this conference is not mandatory, so I didn't have to go to all of the career sessions today, just the ones I was interested in. As it happens, I was only interested in the law session, so I spent the rest of the day shopping and eating. Haha! I got another pair of skinny jeans at Uniqlo (like I need them, but these are in a more casual wash!), plus some cute hoodies. I think I might go to Zoff tomorrow and see if they have the sunglasses I like so much.

Megan, Stan, and I went to TGIFriday's for dinner tonight. (We went to Chinatown last night, it was good, but the waitress was a bitch.) I never go to TGIFriday's or Applebee's or similar restaurants at home, but it was so good tonight! I had loaded potato skins and chicken fingers with honey mustard and this delicious Bailey's/mint/oreo/ice cream drink. It was expensive, but worth it, since I never get to eat stuff like that here.

I don't want to go home tomorrow. I'd much rather stay here and not work. Boo.

1 comment:

Alexandra said...

Sorry to hear about Berkeley.