Tuesday, March 11, 2008

meat and rice

I went to graduation today at Isato and got surprisingly emotional. Everybody else was crying, and seeing other people cry tends to make me get all weepy too. Plus I've known the four kids that graduated for almost two years, and I go to Isato the most, so it was sad to see them leave.

On the way back into town, I talked with the principal and told him about the shit that went down at the office yesterday. His first response was, "Is that a joke?" When I assured him it wasn't he said it was "nonsense" and I totally agreed with him. Then he said how the office will be much better when my supervisor is transferred. Yes. It warms my heart to hear Japanese people say stuff like that, because it means that I am not just some crazy gaijin who doesn't understand Japanese people. An asshole is an asshole, no matter what country you're in.

Cat and I wrote notes to each other at the office today like fucking 12-year-olds. Ugh. I think she should teach me sign language.

We went for a walk with Lauren on the sea wall today after work since the weather was so nice. And then Lauren and I went for cheap yakiniku, after dropping off Cat, since she's a veggie. Alas. But it was delicious and cheap. I love meat!

I think the pain in my face is actually a toothache. This is an unfortunate development, since I really don't trust Japanese dentistry, given the state of the teeth I've seen here. But if it keeps hurting, I'll go to the guy that Emily liked, Satou or Saitou, and see what's up. I'm not looking forward to it. Fix yourself, tooth!

Also, WWII in about 2 minutes. All you need to know.

No comments: