Thursday, March 13, 2008

doctor doctor

I have a cold. And a sore throat. Which did get me out of a boring day at the office, but I just traded that for a boring day at home, with a little visit to Jusco and the doctor. And before that, a trip to the bank, so I could pay for food and the doctor.

Fortunately, the doctor closest to our apartment speaks English. Even though I could've understood all that he said in Japanese, when I'm not feeling well, I'd rather not have to think in another language. He told me it's just a viral infection, so it would be healed by rest and eating and drinking well. Surprise. Colds in Japan are exactly like they are at home.

I think maybe I don't have a toothache after all. Maybe I'm just grinding my teeth at night. I've caught myself doing it during the day. Isn't that caused by stress? Thanks, employers!

I'm going to see Michelle in a week! Yay! I think I will drive up to Tsu and take the ferry to the Nagoya airport, as that will be the cheapest thing for me to do. And my flight times are such that I won't have to leave super early or drive in the dark. Hooray.

No comments: