Thursday, March 6, 2008

christ i'm tired

The 6th graders weren't as full of awful today as I was expecting. Still bad, but not murder-inducingly so. We played Price is Right, which is a big hit with good classes and passes the time with bad ones. Today fell into the latter category. But the other classes were good, especially the 2nd graders, so the day wasn't a total waste.

I stayed up too late last night and now I am seriously tired. It's not even 8pm, so I feel like I should stay up a little later, but I might just wait a little bit and get into bed and read for a bit. Yes. That sounds like a good idea.

I finally got my big package from UCLA. It somehow got held up in the mail. They have a really pretty campus, with really nice weather, and cute grad apartments. I am tempted.

Georgia is going to give me a scholarship, I think. One of the admissions people emailed about talking to me about scholarships, so I assume they wouldn't just bait me.

I feel like I'm getting a little sick. My throat is quite sore and my nose is a little stuffy. Oddly enough, I was joking with Michelle last night, hoping I wake up sick so I could call in and not have to teach 6th grade today. But I guess karma is coming back at me and I am getting sick a day too late. But if I could somehow avoid seeing Kubo's ugly face tomorrow, it might be worth it.

Michelle and I also had great conversations about models falling (see here - Stam's wipeout is especially hilarious) and farts, but that's neither here nor there.

Apparently the Indians that work at the consulate in Osaka are a bunch of fuckers. Some of the people here are going on a Habitat trip there in a few weeks, and the consulate folks are giving them so much shit about visas. I'm so glad I'm not going. Fuck you, India. Maybe if you took better care of your billion-plus citizens, dirty foreigners wouldn't have to come and help them. Was that racist?

No comments: