Friday, March 7, 2008

but 1.1 kilometers is so far

I woke up feeling pretty crap, but since I only had two classes and it was my last day at Arasaka this semester, I went to school. I took the early train back and as soon as I got up to the office, T was all, "Go home." The school called and told them I didn't feel well, so I didn't even have to play up the fact that I felt bad. And I didn't have to do any paperwork for sick leave. As shit as my office is, they're pretty nice with the sick leave.

However, I was also finally told that we are not to drive to work, as we live within 2km of the office. 1.1km, actually, according to my car. Apparently this rule applies to all city hall workers, but it's still bullshit, especially since the station parking lot has been reduced to rubble, so I can't hide my car there. And I didn't bother buying a new bike after mine was stolen in fucking July. And Cat has a shitty bike that she hates to ride. And it's a 15-20 minute walk one way. Fuck. At least winter is almost over.

I had a pizza tonight, and I was very excited, since it was supposed to be a delicious 4-cheese pizza, complete with nama cream! And while it was super cheesy, it didn't have any sauce on it! What the hell? Without sauce, it is just bread and cheese. So I had to get out my tomato and garlic pasta sauce and dip my not-pizza in it. It was tasty.

Yesterday, I sent a little package to America, and it cost much less than I was expecting. A pleasant surprise. Then Cat and I went to Mos, because we didn't want to cook, and when I got home, there was a little note from the post office saying that they had overcharged me. The guy came back today and gave me 400yen back. Awesome! There are lots of things about Japan that piss me off, but the post is definitely not one of them. I love those guys.

Now I am watching Can't Hardly Wait, aka one of my favorite movies ever. I can't explain how much I love it, and I really don't understand why I do. But it's great.

"Why y'all gotta waste my flava? Damn!"

No comments: