Tuesday, February 26, 2008

trickery from g-town

I'll start with the best news of the day: I got into Georgetown! I'm very excited, as it's the highest-ranked school I've gotten into so far. Number 14 this year, according to U.S. News and World Report. The letter was sitting in the genkan when I got home from work. It was a small, almost greeting card-size envelope, so I had an immediate case of sad face, but when I opened it up, the first words was "Congratulations!", and my sad face went away.

Too bad tuition is $42,000+, not counting anything else. It kind of makes me ill to think about.

Other than that, I had a long, draining day at the office doing very little. I emailed back and forth with Ali in the morning and read her awesome craftlog (http://www.right-brain-release.blogspot.com/). So crafty she is! I'm so jealous it hurts.

I also looked for laptop bags. I really like the custom laptop messengers from Timbuk2, but they're about $140-163, which is unfortunate.

Later in the day, I got a headache, which I still have, even after a nice nap. I guess that means it's time to go to bed. :(

2 comments:

Alexandra said...

first I didn't know what the Timbuk2 bag was, but after seeing a picture, I recognize it as the bag that EVERYONE has. I always wondered about those...

Kara said...

Yeah, I had never heard of them before until I read about them somewhere on the Internet. I think I've seen people with them before, but I never knew the brand.