Sunday, February 27, 2011

these dreams

I've been having some weird dreams lately. In one, I was chased (and subsequently caught) by a bear. I got a nasty scratch on my arm and was surprised that I didn't have my throat ripped out. Thank heaven for small miracles?

Then I had a dream within a dream (omg Inception) that made me wake up in a panic. So I'm going to Albuquerque to visit Ali for spring break (and then to Durango to see Lauren), but in my dream (Level 2), my plans had somehow changed such that I no longer had a direct flight from Dulles but was instead going through Minneapolis (and apparently to Alaska). Naturally, I neglected to pack anything, so I had to go around the airport buying all my stuff. Fortunately, there was a Uniqlo in the airport. (Ikr?) And I was traveling with this middle-aged guy and his five friends; I have no idea who any of them were, but I was relying on them to help me make my flight. At some point I woke up (into Level 1), thinking it was the Saturday after the day I was supposed to have left, and that the dream (from Level 2) had tricked me into thinking my plans had changed when they really hadn't, so I'd missed my flight. I spent the rest of the dream frantically calling United trying to get to Albuquerque. Then I woke up (in reality), all pissed at myself for about 10 seconds until I realized that my flight wasn't for another week. Hooray!

I also had a sad dream. I dreamed that Pa and I were going to a dinner party at Aunt Tina's (which is weird, because she isn't the type to host dinner parties, at all). But it wasn't at her house (which is now Granny's house), it was at someplace that looked like an old person's house. We were sitting around chatting and then it was time for dinner, so I went into the dining room, but Pa stayed behind. I came back to ask him why he wasn't having dinner, but then I realized that I was the only one who could see him or talk to him. Nobody else knew he was there, because he was dead in my dream too. I woke up and cried, because the dream reminded me of how much I miss Pa. Sometimes I still expect to see him at Granny's, which is ridiculous, because he's been gone for almost seven years.

Last night, I watched Infamous, so I dreamed about Truman Capote and Perry Smith. Unpleasant. But I'm totally obsessed with In Cold Blood now, so I'm sure I'll have a few more of those dreams.

No comments: