Saturday, December 11, 2010

drink with me to days gone by

I meant to note that I went to the Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear the day after my last post, and it was totally awesome. There were so many people (I heard one count of 265,000), more people than I've ever seen in one place. And so many funny signs. And Jack McCoy! It was great. And we didn't have major problems getting there or back. Fabulous.

In the month and a half since then, I've been busy doing not much. I took my Corporations final this morning, but I don't want to talk about it because it was really unpleasant. I almost threw up when I saw the questions. I've still got Communications left (by Wednesday afternoon) and I would definitely like to be better prepared for that. WHY DIDN'T I DO MORE READING FOR CLASS??

I meant to start studying this afternoon, but I was too drained to do so. Studying sucks a bag of dicks (thanks, Sweet Dee). So instead of studying, I piddled around on the tubes at school for a bit (after lunch/drinks at Chili's and dessert at SB). Then I came home and did more piddling.

And I watched Hairspray. Again. God, I love Corny Collins. And Seaweed. I love the dresses the girls wear so much. I sometimes/often wish people still dressed like that. I don't want the rest of the stuff that goes along with that time period, just the clothes. And possibly the status and prestige afforded to air travel.

That got me thinking about musicals, so I listened and sang along to the Wicked soundtrack. Then I moved all of my clothes off my piano and played every song in the Wicked book except for "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished" because I don't like that one. And then I played my favorites out of Les Miserables.

I think playing piano for me is what riding a bike is for most people (regarding the "It's just like riding a bike" saying. I cannot ride a bike for shit, regardless of how long it's been since I rode; it's seriously day-to-day). But I haven't played piano since August? And I went back no problem. I mean, the songs weren't perfect, since I hadn't practiced them in ages, but I wasn't rusty. I guess if I'd rode a bike for 20+ years, it would be different.

Just saw this ridiculous Rod Blagojevich pistachio commercial. Made no sense. Lots of pistachios in a briefcase. My first thought was "THAT'S A LOTTA NUTS!" And my second thought was how very few people get that reference. Sad times.

I really ought to go to bed and get up early to study. But I don't want tooooooo.

Now that I know what tardive dyskinesia is (thanks Mental Health Law!), it makes those Reglan/plaintiffs' lawyers commercials more disturbing. I'd hate to have permanent ticks and spasms.

Another bizarre pistachio commercial! This time with vampires. Lovely.

Can I get up early for breakfast? Cafe Cubano? I HOPE SO, BECAUSE I WANT COFFEE.

Here's to pretty girls who went to our heads
Here's to witty girls who went to our beds
(or, why I should hang out with fictional French revolutionaries more often)

No comments: