Friday, July 16, 2010

babytown frolics

At 3:30, my supervisor walked into my office and asked if I wanted to go home. Of course I said yes, so I left and went to the pool. It was ridonkulously hot, but I had the place to myself after the Nutty Professor* left, so it wasn't bad.

I actually have a tan! My current skin color is the darkest it's ever been, at least since childhood. I'm so proud of myself, even though I know I'm giving myself skin cancer. Too bad it will fade and I'll be pale again soon. :(

I'm going to Wartown/Macon with Mom tomorrow. We're going to stop at the White Diamond for BBQ and hopefully fried pickles. They were out of fried pickles the last time I went, and I made my displeasure known to the waiter with a loud, whiny WUT. I may call ahead just in case. Then we're going to go to Lane's Southern Orchards, aka the peach packing plant, for dessert. I'm so excited. And Michelle's going to come too, since she lives there. But she's got a baby now (i.e., a puppy, god help her if it was an actual human child), so she can't stay for long.

I'm still trying to decide if I want to go to the Joshua James concert in Piedmont Park Sunday night. I love him, but I don't have anyone to go with at the moment, and I don't want to get back to the hotel super late since I have to drive back home early. Also, I don't want to get robbed/raped/murdered at the park. Maybe I'll ask Aaron or Jared if they'd like to go. Because Joshua James is amazing. (Thanks, Sean!)

Now I'm chilling on the couch watching Archer on Hulu. What an awesome show. It's like Arrested Development in animated form.

I should probably eat something other than the two bowls of cereal I've already had since I just had a little bit of cheese for lunch. But I don't want to leave... Maybe I'll make myself toast? With jam? The possibilities are endless.

*The Nutty Professor is my nickname for this weird, unfriendly guy who does these really slow laps around the pool. He is allegedly a professor at Armstrong, thus the nickname.

No comments: