Tuesday, June 17, 2008

superfluous

Today, I am chillin' at the office. It's not bad. I wish the A/C was on, and I'm confused as to why it's not, since it was on last week, but whatever.

The best part about today is that I am not currently in a boring meeting with some of the worst English teachers in Kumano, plus Drew and Catherine. I told my boss I didn't want to go when asked about it last week, and he was cool with it. I think the expression on my face was enough to convince him. I would have been super pissed if I did have to go, because my presence would be completely superfluous. I don't teach with any of the teachers in this meeting, and I would just be sitting there, "listening".

I've been reading this "definitive explanation" of the last scene of the series finale of The Sopranos almost all day. It's like the length of a freaking book. Definitely "definitive". The funny thing is, I don't even watch that show. But it's interesting, so whatever.

Yay for gays in California! Now try not to contribute to the divorce rate.

I still haven't heard from the second new ALT in Kumano. I sent her another email today, so I hope she will at least reply. If you happen to google me and find this, new Kumano ALT, please reply so I know you're getting the emails and aren't just blowing me off. Thank you.

My body has been kind of achy. I got this pain in my right hip yesterday that I cannot explain. I wasn't particularly active or sedentary. I was right in the middle on the activity scale. But when I got up from my chair at school yesterday to go home, my hip hurt like a bitch. It felt slightly better this morning (as in it didn't hurt to walk like it did yesterday), but still. It lingers. I guess I'm getting old.

Ali is coming to see me in Charlottesville! Yay!!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Too much sex will do that.