Sunday, March 30, 2008

*confetti*

Today is my boss's last day. Huzzah! I'm so happy he's leaving. Alas, I will have to see him again, but not every day, so it will be much better. I think this job has been causing me lots of stress which may or may not have been affecting my health, so I hope his departure will make me feel better.

Friday, I went to curry with Lauren. It was delicious, as usual. We also had a nice chat with the guy who runs the place. He's so nice. He's from Nepal, though, so he doesn't speak English much, so we just chatted in Japanese. It was funny. I will really miss that place when I leave.

Then on Saturday, I did three loads of laundry. I wanted to do two more loads, but the clothes weren't drying as fast as I'd hoped. It was a little colder this weekend, I guess. And then it rained all day Sunday, and of course, I'd forgotten to get my clothes down, so they all got damp again. It's sunny today, though, so they should be dry by the end of the day.

Saturday night, I went out for dinner and drinks with Lauren and Jamie at Shinbashi. I love that place, mainly for their chuuhais, but the owner is very friendly, and the food is pretty good for an izakaya. After that, we walked over to Tsutaya and rented Ocean's 13 and watched that at Lauren's. It was much better than 12, but 11 is still the best.

It rained all day yesterday, as I mentioned before, so I didn't do anything. I went to Jusco and got a pizza and some other non-essentials. I got the book I'd ordered from Amazon: World War Z - An oral history of the zombie war. It's by the same guy who wrote The Zombie Survival Guide, which is one of my favorite books. Aside from that, I downloaded several episodes of Numb3rs and watched them. And I played Mario on my DS. So I guess it's not that I didn't do anything, I just didn't do anything important.

Now I will sit and enjoy the final hours of my boss's reign of terror.

No comments: