Thursday, February 28, 2008

that's a lot of money

Today was a fun-filled day of sitting at my desk at the office. I was going to surf the Internet all day as usual, but after I read an article about personal workspaces, I was inspired to clean my desk. I had lots of papers piled up and stuff I didn't need in all the drawers, so I took about two hours and cleared it out. I even wiped down the desktop. It looks much better.

In the second half of the day, I was much less productive, but I did read an interesting article about ship salvagers (High Tech Cowboys of the Deep Seas). Might be a little tl;dr, but it's a good read.

Catherine and I were going to go to the gym, but Lauren texted us at the end of the day about going to Mosburger, so we did that instead. I was starving. Perfect timing. We will gym tomorrow.

I got home and saw a letter from George Washington waiting for me. They will give me $20,000 my first year (and for the next two years if I maintain a 3.0) and give me free on-campus housing for my first year if I go there. Wow. The potential to save $60,000 on my education is very tempting. But I'm going to wait until I hear from the other schools before I make any decisions.

I really want to play with my DS now. My parents sent me SimCity and I've been playing that almost constantly. It's so much fun, just as much fun as I remembered. Oh video games.

No comments: