Thursday, May 29, 2008

nan

Oh, man, do I love curry. Curry curry curry. And nan. Curry with nan is the best. Especially the sag cheese curry with nan. It's perfect. Heaven in my mouth. So good.

Catherine and I went to curry after work. When I saw her spinach soup she brought for lunch, it made me think of the spinach curry, and it didn't take much convincing to get her to go with me. We left right after work (technically, we left at 4:26, 4 minutes before work officially ended, but whatevs), and we got down to Shingu at 5:00! Amazing!

While we were there, I bought a little Rirakkuma for my baby cousin. It's tiny, and appropriate for a 6-month old, I think.

Today was kind of a surprise school day, since I didn't know I'd be going to school until late yesterday afternoon. I went to Atashika with Catherine, and since she'd already planned out the 2 lessons we had, I didn't have to do anything. Perfect!

At the junior high, we only had class with the 1st years, since the other kids are on their school trip to Tokyo this week. There are all of 3 students in that class. It worked out pretty well. After lunch, we played table tennis with them (I beat Catherine, hahahaha), and then we made stuff out of bamboo shoots. We kind of whittled these shoots with rusty knives and the kids were wielding these saws without any kind of protection. Not the safest environment. I think an American shop teacher would have a heart attack at the sight. But it was still super fun. All of my bamboo products are in my freezer, since they are "alive" and will "go bad". Hooray.

After the bamboo whittling, we went over to the elementary school for class with the 5th and 6th graders. We did some body parts activities, most of which were pretty fun. Then we chilled until the train, and upon reaching Kumano, we high-tailed it to Shingu for delicious curry.

I think this tale has gone full circle, so I will leave it at that.

No comments: