Friday, February 29, 2008

i <3 shinbashi

Let me preface this by saying that I am drunk. Not like completely blind, but on the stronger side of buzzed. So whatever typos or sentences that don't make sense can be blamed on that.

Cat and I did gym today. It worked out pretty well. My heart rate was elevated for about 45 minutes, so I consider it a good day of exercise. Also, while I was on the treadmill, I had a clear view into the weight room through the giant windows, and one of the guys in there TOOK OFF HIS FUCKING PANTS and he had on this little speedo/bikini briefs and he just stood there looking at himself in the mirror. I had to call Cat over to look, but make it look like she wasn't looking. Then he put his pants back on, but immediately took his shirt off to look at his other half. WHAT.

After the gym, we came back and showered and got dressed, because Lauren wanted to go for a drink, as her day had been stressful. So we went to Shinbashi, which, aside from Yoro in Owase, is my favorite izakaya ever. Their chuuhais are soooooo good. Which is why I am in my current state. I had a blue hawaii (I don't know what flavor that is, but it's blue and delicious) and Lauren and I split a lychee. Thank god we split it, because it was STRONG. I wouldn't have managed the walk home if I'd had a whole one. Anyway, it was a good time. I love a good buzz. Sorry, liver!

Also, I've been fanatically checking the status pages of the schools I haven't heard back from, and Virginia's was updated today to say that a decision was made and it is being MAILED to me. BLURGH. Don't mail it to me, Virginia! Just use the awesome powers of the Internet to inform me of my fate. They have such a nice status page too, it's very nice, so I don't know why they don't just tell me there. So frustrating.

But oddly enough, I can get on the admitted students site, so either I got in and they're just bad about hiding it, or I didn't and they are cruelly getting my hopes up so they can be painfully dashed. I hope it's the former, as Virginia is one of my two top choice schools, along with Berkeley.

Now I'm trying to decide what to do before I go to bed. I don't think I should play SimCity, as I might drunkenly destroy my city, and I have a lot of money saved up, so that would piss me off muchly. I will probably hang out on the computer a big longer and possibly watch some TV on YouTube or something I've downloaded. Psych could be good.

No comments: